(GRADES 7-8 8:30 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.)
Instruction begins promptly at 8:30 a.m. Students who arrive after 8:30
a.m. are considered tardy and must report to the office for a tardy
slip before going to class.
TEC Sec. 25.085 states that “a child shall attend school each day for the entire period the program of instruction is provided.”
A school day shall be at least seven hours each day, including intermissions and recesses
(TEC Sec. 25.082).
child shall not have unexcused absences of 10 or more days or parts of
days within a six month period or three or more days or parts of days
within a four-week period from school (Family Code Sec. 51.03).
to comply with these laws will result in legal prosecution and will
subject the parent/guardian to a fine. Each day the child remains out of
school after a warning is issued will constitute a separate offense.
2. Supervision is not provided for middle school students arriving before 8:00 a.m.
3. Breakfast is served beginning at 8:00 a.m.
4. Students may enter the classroom at 8:20 a.m.
5. Scheduled dismissal time for middle schools is 4:12 p.m.
The school does not have facilities nor authorized personnel available
to allow students to remain on campus beyond dismissal time unless they
are involved in a school supervised program.
Hoffman Dress Code
Hoffman is a standardized dress school.
Undershirts must be the same color as the polo shirt or white.
No pull-over hoodies or sweat shirts, must have zippers or snaps.
1. Tuck all shirts in pants.
2. Fasten and lace shoes.
3. Wear pants and shorts, at the proper height, around the waist.
4. Undergarments cannot be visible. (Ex. halter tops, tank tops, under shorts)
Undergarments worn under clothing should be of the acceptable color
The length of skirts, split skirts, dresses, and shorts must approach the knee.
1. Hair length may not extend below the bottom of a regular shirt collar.
2. Hair fasteners of any kind may not be worn. Ponytails and other hair styles
requiring fasteners are unacceptable. Exception: Rubber bands may be worn on braided hair only and must meet the hair length requirements. Rubberbands
must match hair color.
3. Earrings and studs may not be worn and must not be brought to school.
Hoffman Codigo de Vestimenta
Camisetas de manga larga con botones de color amarillo, gris o blanco
Caqui estilo de ventana acoplable, pantalones, shorts, faldas de color azul, negro o beige
Las camisetas deben ser del mismo color que la camisa polo blanca o
No pull-over sudaderas o camisas de sudor, deben tener cierres o broches
Todas las camisas deben estar metidas en todo el dia escolar
Los viernes, los estudiantes seran capaces de vestir de azul o jeans negro con la camiseta espiritu de la escuela.
Mochilas transparentes o de malla unica
- Homework is given to reinforce what has been taught in class, and to teach responsibility.
- Homework will be given in each class as deemed necessary by the teacher.
- Homework will be evaluated. Please refer to the Aldine I.S.D. middle and high school grading policy.
- The policy concerning work missed due to the excused absences is addressed in the student handbook.
- Students who have not turned in homework have only one day from the
original due date to complete and turn in the assignment. Late homework
must be completed at home.
- At the first missed homework assignment, the teacher must call the parent and assign them team D-hall. Document the call.
- At the second missed homework assignment, call the parent and assign them team D-hall. Document the call.
- At the third missed homework
assignment, the teacher gives the assistant principal a list of the
students' names with the date of parent contact for the previously
missed homework assignment. The assistant principal will call the
- At the fourth missed homework assignment,the teacher will send a list of students' names to the assistant principal for D-hall assignment.
5. Days for Department Homework Packets
- Thursday..................Social Studies
6. If students do not complete homework assignments, please contact
parents and give the principal assigned to your department a list of
these students each day.